Translate

lundi 18 novembre 2013

Airlines

Two weeks ago, I flew Aeroflot to go to St Petersburg and had booked my ticket with a gluten-free snack not to have to bring my own food. And I really regretted it. The standard snack did not look delicious, but the gluten-free one was really, really badly done. Instead of the standard sandwich, I had a piece of boiled chicken (not even salted), with two slices of cucumber stuck between two rice crackers. And it really tasted like they had assembled it 3 days earlier - the cucumber slices had no taste and their juice had made the crackers all soggy.
In short, if you are planning on flying Aeroflot, I'd advise you to bring your own food..

I have had a really good experience with a few other airlines though . Last year, my boyfriend and I went to Turkey for a week and we flew Turkish Airlines (surprisingly..). Although I had exactly the same meal on the way there and back, it was definitely my best gluten-free experience on a plane! They had a really nice bread, which they'd heated prior to serving it.

Then there's China Southern which made things simple, but correct: a fruit plate, rice crackers, and shrimp with rice.

Have you had any good/bad Airline experiences you'd like to share?

Astrid

1 commentaire:

  1. Russia is the worst place for being celiac. The experience I had with our companies Aeroflot, Utair or any other is the same with yours, moreover the food that they offer or cross contaminated or not gluten free at all! So watch out and take care when they offer you anything, cause it be either wheat pasta or barley bread marked blindlessly as gluten free. Little Russian celiac.

    RépondreSupprimer